looking for a hike? check out HAZ

3:50 p.m. on November 8, 2011 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

After posting in another thread trying to help out a member I thought this might be some use to all members.

I use a forum here in Az. called Hike Arizona or HAZ for short to look for and research possible hikes. Its loaded with info including Directions, Maps, Trail Profiles and Sprg locations . GPS routes can be downloaded or uploaded. It is kinda clustered and a bit of a PITA untill you start to remeber your way around it, but I find it very usefull.

Of course its mainly geared up for hiking around Az, but it does have some listings for other states. You should check it out for your state, Ya might find something good or want to add to it. If your planning a trip to Az. then you really need to check it out.

http://hikearizona.com/

5:05 p.m. on November 8, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,168 forum posts

Cool, Thanks AzRhino

BTW: where did you come up with AZRhino ? I understand the AZ part...

6:56 p.m. on November 8, 2011 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I got the nickname rhino years ago from my friends, was probably 15 or 16 at the time. Cant remember just what started it but I think it was because I was bigger than most kids our age... I think. lol  I guess Ill have to ask them since I dont remember, some still call me rhino.

When the net first came around nobody wanted to use their real name and still dont on most sites. Here is different tho, had I known what a good place and all its members are when I'd signed up on Trailspace I would have just gone with my real name or atleast something close to it.  Robert Burns

I like using HAZ for research, its great for that. But the forums dont seem quite as fun and interesting as here. But then again I have'nt realy given it much of a chance either...... just doesnt feel like home (Trailspace)

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply