Foot Hill's Trail

3:57 p.m. on February 23, 2012 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

This Sat. my wife and I will be doing a 10 miler on the Foot Hills Trail, starting at the Sloan Bridge access off Hwy 107. There is supposed to be 12 hikers on the day hike, should be a fun day.

5:50 p.m. on February 23, 2012 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,207 forum posts

Where is this at?

6:38 p.m. on February 23, 2012 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,488 forum posts

Very cool Mike,

I have always thought the Foothills Trail was / is a wonderful trail, I hope you and your wife have a great time!

Hiking the Foothills Trail is how I learned of the Walhalla fish hatchery, and other trails in the Chatooga River / Fork Mountain area.

Gary, the Foothills Trail is a scenic trail more or less along the SC / NC state line in the Blue Ridge Escarpment area.

9:29 a.m. on February 24, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,283 forum posts

have fun Mike C!

2:51 p.m. on February 24, 2012 (EST)
RETAILER
27 reviewer rep
103 forum posts

I did about half of the foothills trail starting at the Wallhalla Fish hatchery about 5 months ago. It was a nice hike, the Chatooga river is really nice check it out and if you can do some fishing they have a serious trout operation in that river.  White water falls is a must see be careful on the boulders!

Ill try to upload my go pro vid of me boulder hopping at whitewater falls for you. This vid was from my last day on the river, you really cant see it too well but there was a rolling fog coming down the river that morning.

-MG

7:12 p.m. on February 25, 2012 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

That was a long hard hike. The hike should have said strenious because of terran as well as mileage.  The group we went with were in much better shape than I and it was impossible to keep up.  The group leader layed back w/ Brenda and I. View's were great, but I'm hurting.

9:34 a.m. on February 29, 2012 (EST)
1,357 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

I never did enjoy racing up a mountain looking at the back of someone's heels. The group leader should have set a slower pace, or split the group in two. With that many people, the latter would have been the better choice.

If you were thinking it was too fast, you can be sure there were others in the group who would have been happy to join you at a more relaxed speed.

9:23 p.m. on February 29, 2012 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

The group did split in two, the fast one's (most of the group) and me, my wife and one of the leaders. She stayed behind with us so we would not be left out competely. No problem, I just don't like to hike without seeing anything.

9:40 a.m. on March 1, 2012 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

Mike I agree with you and Peter, I like to enjoy the journey!

12:33 a.m. on March 14, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

Mumblefords, I fish the Chattooga at least twice a week. Caught 53 trout so far this year. That is some good fishing.

October 20, 2014
Quick Reply