Yellowstone transport

3:44 p.m. on April 11, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Hey guys. Sony trip to Yellowstone is drawing near but I'm finding that prices for car rentals are high in June... Does anyone have any transport suggestion? We will be arriving @ Bozeman airport... Thanks !!

2:36 p.m. on April 14, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Wish I could offer some advice, but I ran into the same transportation problems when I was planning my trip to the Tetons last year. 

I ended up renting a car and hiring a cab. I also found a resort shuttle that went between the visitors centers, the town of jackson, and several resorts. Maybe there is some kind of service up at yellowstone?

Best of luck!

7:33 a.m. on April 15, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Thanks. I think that's what we will en up doing as well. Have you ever bid on a car like in Priceline or Hotwire ? Is it secure... How long were you at the Trenton's ? We will be hiking abou 9 days in between yellowstone and Tetons ... Will the car be secure ... Not like we can walk back everyday and see if it's still there ...lol... Thanks!

9:42 p.m. on April 15, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

I have used travelocity and hotwire for renting cars, and have had good experiences with those two companies. I would avoid priceline though, but that's just my opinion and experience. 

I was in the Jackson and Wind River area for 8 days, three of which were spent backpacking most of the Teton Crest Trail.  For those three days the car was sitting at the Granite Canyon Trailhead, and it was fine when I got back. I asked both the Ranger Service and the cab driver if there were ever any issues with parked cars at the trailheads. They both said it should be safe, just don't leave food in the car, as bears might break in to get at it. 

7:28 p.m. on April 22, 2012 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
106 forum posts

Hi

Thanks for the advice. Will not be leaving anything in the car... lol. Now I just  gata find the cheapest rental... :/

9:23 a.m. on April 23, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Ooo...my husbands acct was logged in ...lol

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply