Back to Wyoming for the summer!

7:07 p.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,154 forum posts

I am going back to Jackson Hole WY for the months of June, July, August and September hiking,backpacking and camping in the Teton Wilderness with my longtime friend. I am leaving Flagstaff next week on the 24th and will be back in Jackson on Friday evening.

tn.jpg

Upper Hidden Creek, Wyoming

tn2.jpg

Near Younts Peak, head of the Yellowstone River

Am going by Greyhound and then a shuttle from SLC Utah. I am storing my bike at a friends here in town and coming back in the fall to cycle to New Mexico and maybe Big bend Texas (if the drug cartels aren't too bad there?)

8:33 p.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

Darn, I thought I was going to get a visit. :)  You do have a cool life Gary.

1:21 p.m. on May 18, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,154 forum posts

Maybe next fall when I get back in October. I might ride all the way to Florida depending on money.

2:48 p.m. on May 18, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Sounds great, Gary! Wish I was going back this fall, but alas, it's not going to happen this year. 

1:20 p.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Gary, enjoy the summer and Wyoming, maybe do a little gold panning and make a few extra bucks at the same time.  I am sure their is gold some place over there! 

Have fun and be safe!

Wolfman

6:14 a.m. on May 20, 2012 (EDT)
29 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

I am going to be in that area for a couple of hikes with my dad and brothers sometime in july...been there before and love it, and must say I wish I could be there for the whole summer like you get to.

Take care out there

11:18 a.m. on May 23, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Those photos have a very strong draw

2:23 p.m. on May 24, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,154 forum posts

I am leaving today to head back to Jackson Hole and the mountains for the summer. I will be back in Flagstaff in October.

My good friend in Wyoming shot those images over the last few summers in the wilderness where we are going. The plants in the one image are called Bear Flowers and eventually have a tall flowery stalk to them. The pointed peak in the second shot is Younts Peak which is where the Yellowstone River starts as snow melt.

11:08 a.m. on May 25, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,154 forum posts

I am currently in SLC waiting to get the shuttle to Jackson Hole.

Myfriend says the flower stalks are called Elk Thistles, not bear flowers. They are edible. Peeled and ate like celery! Who's coming to dinner?

September 21, 2014
Quick Reply