Bike overnight to Red Mountain

6:28 p.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,299 forum posts

Tomorrow I am going to bike about 30 miles to a place called Red Mountain northwest of Flagstaff on the way to the Grand Canyon off Hwy 180.

Red Mountain is a eroded cinder cone that has a open center showing its red cinder insides.

pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2002/fs024-02   <<Website with information.

I am going there after camp tonight in the morning instead of coming back to town. I will be back on Tuesday after another night back at the Shultz Creek TH where I have been the last two weeks.

Aerial-view-of-Red-Mountain.jpg

11:34 p.m. on May 19, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,506 forum posts

Best of luck to you Gary, and I hope you have a great ride and wonderful time.

Mike G.

5:53 p.m. on May 20, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,299 forum posts

Couldn't do the ride. My parttime boss called and wants me to work this early week at the hotel. Need the extra hours instead. My next check will just about cover my bus and shuttle tickets back to Wyoming this latter week.

1:14 p.m. on May 21, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Back to Wyoming?

Sorry but Ive been outta touch here for a bit since my recent move to North Dakota.  Your heading for Wyoming instead of Utah?

8:16 p.m. on May 21, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,299 forum posts

Yes, a long time friend in Jackson has invited me up for the summer to hike. I am coming back to Flagstaff in October to bike to New Mexico and Texas for the winter. We are going to hike the Teton Wilderness from June to late September.

11:08 a.m. on May 25, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Sounds like you'll have a great summer. Ive been to Jackson once, didnt get to enjoy it tho, I was only making a delivery there then had to go on to my next in Montana. Beautiful area, wish I was joining ya.  Have a safe trip.

November 26, 2014
Quick Reply