First hike of summer

5:59 p.m. on May 30, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

On Friday the 1st of June we are going in at Turpin Meadows on the Buffalo River trail into Soda Fork Meadows and bench. Its a 5 mile hike the first day then stay a while and eventually hike into a place called Hawks Rest along the Yellowstone and Thorofare Rivers. We are packing in for about 4 weeks, taking our time. This is the Teton Wilderness area north of the town of Jackson and southeast of Yellowstone Park.

See ya'll in about 30 days when we come back out to re-supply.

12:58 a.m. on May 31, 2012 (EDT)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

have fun

9:00 a.m. on May 31, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
827 reviewer rep
590 forum posts

Lucky duck.

1:56 p.m. on May 31, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
42 forum posts

Hi There! I personally rarely post here at Trailspace with mainly just lurking from time to time. Now I am the one who Gary will be hiking with this summer. Now I have known Gary for over 30 years and he truly does live the life that he talks about here on Trailspace. It is Absolutely Great to have Gary along with me this summer. And yes when we go in tomarrow, the next time we will be out here in town will be sometime right before the 4th of July. Gary should have lots of photos and experiences to share with everyone. Now this first place we are heading to called the Soda Fork Meadows, have seen about everything here thru the years including grizzlies and wolves. The snow is indeed still melting in the High Country back in these parts here. Then as for the Thorofare and Hawks Rest - a beautiful wild valley in the headwaters of the Yellowstone where the wolves and the grizzlies roam. As for myself personally, this will mark 30 years for myself heading into the Throfare. Again Gary should have quite a few photos and experiences to share with everyone. For those that do not know Gary personally, he is a wonderful individual and a good friend. It will be Great!

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply