The Teton Crest Trail in GTNP Wy

5:09 p.m. on June 20, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,122 forum posts

A friend from back east and I are planning a 7 day/6 night hike in the Grand Teton Range. We will camp and hike as high as 11,600 feet, also right behind/west of the Grand Teton itself.

I have been looking for work for nearly 2 weeks with little luck so I am going to do this hike instead, then I may just continue looking for work after the Fourth of July when business picks up or hike the rest of the summer and go back to southern Utah this fall.  I had thought of staying here thru the winter but after 3 years in the desert I am chilly here already this summer. It will warm up I hope after todays Solstice.

12:02 p.m. on June 21, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,122 forum posts

Guess we won't be going on the TCT after all. The park services says the high country is still buried under snow. Will probably do a trail called The Valley Trail across the base of the Tetons from Jenny and String Lakes to Teton Village. Then maybe a hike in the Gros Ventre (Grow Vont) on the east side of Jackson Hole.

5:14 p.m. on June 22, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,122 forum posts

I just got a job at Smiths Grocery here in town. So I will be here at least till the end of summer.

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply