Left Jackson yesterday morning south to Arizona

4:50 p.m. on September 12, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

Started out at 8:45 am Tuesday morning from Jackson, rode about 40 miles to just south of Bondurant WY and stayed the night at 7900 feet. It was cold and the tree's are changing there faster than Jackson which is 6500'.

Today I rode down to Pinedale WY and stopped to fix my Katadyn Hiker water filter as part of the intake valve broke off while filtering water in a creek last evening. Just need to glue it back on before I get out of town or at my next watering filtering hole.

I dont have a camera yet, but hope to find one in Rock Springs where prices should be cheaper than Jackson's were. Do want to take pictures of Utah's slick rock and canyon country along the way.

Should be in Rock Spring in a few days as its 110 more miles. I have ridden 75 since Jackson oer 1 1/2 days.

I will get back on to tell more when I get to Rock Springs.

4:27 p.m. on September 14, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

I am in Rock Springs WY now down near the Utah border. Staying the night then on tomorrow. Took 2 1/2 days to ride from Jackson to Rock Springs, about 200 miles.

The next town is 70 miles southeast to Dutch John Utah down by Flaming Gorge.

2:30 p.m. on September 16, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Ha! 200 miles in 2-1/2 days?! Shine on you crazy diamond!!

Would love to see a few pictures...

2:39 p.m. on September 17, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

I bought a camera in Vernal but have not seen anything photogenic except an old house. I am in Duchesne Utah now 60 miles west of Vernal. It took two days to go from Rock Springs to Vernal over a 8480 foot pass.

Last time I was on the net was in Rock Springs, and now for some reason here in Duchesne my Yahoo mail won't open. All the other things at yahoo will work just not my mail. The next town is Helper/Price over 60 miles away and a 9100 foot pass. Took me all of one day to climb from Dutch John to the last pass before Vernal.

6:54 p.m. on September 17, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,518 forum posts

WOW..you are burning up the pavement Gary! Take care and keep warm!

12:42 a.m. on September 18, 2012 (EDT)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

What did you do, upgrade to a power assisted bike??!!

Hope you had fun in Jackson over the summer.  I've been so busy I hardly got a chance to go out.  Glad to know your back on the road, be safe and enjoy life!!

Wolf

2:52 p.m. on September 20, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

Go to trip Reorts to see my current pictures. I didn't get a camera till Vernal Utah. But will be doing trip reports as I get to libraries and can get online.

1:35 p.m. on September 29, 2012 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,348 forum posts

Am in Show Low AZ now after 2 weeks, 5 days and one hour to ride 1000 miles from Jackson WY to Show Low AZ.

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply