Bicycling to Texas next month

4:05 p.m. on January 25, 2013 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,346 forum posts

I am planning now to leave Tucson and bike tour to Big Bend and the SE Texas coastline for a few months. I plan to go thru southern New Mexico and down the SW side of Texas to Big Bend for I have wanted to see it for a long time. Then from there to the other side of south Texas to the coastline area from the Mexican border to Louisiana.

Then return in April to go back thru the Gila Wilderness of New Mexico and up to Gallup and back west to the Nava/Hopi Reservation and down to the south rim and around to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. But first I will stop in Flagstaff and work for about a month.

After the GC, i may go north to Las Vegas, St George and to Zion, then on up to Cedar City Utah and go east over to Bryce NP and the Escalante area. Then down to Kanab and the Paria/Buckskin wilderness. Then on east to Monument Valley, up to Moab and Canyonlands and on....

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply