Western Michigan Weekend Hiking Trips

2:13 p.m. on March 5, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Putting together some small weekend hikes together. Plans are for early Saturday starts, camping either dispersed or at rustic camping areas. Style varies depending on who comes and where is debatable depending on interests and skill levels of those interested. Any interested in joining or planning trips let me know. I will post further information here when needed.

Also I plan on doing several day trips along the dunes in silver lake area... it is about a 2 mile(one way) hike as the crow flies from the parking area to the lake but is most likely 3 miles or so after you go up and down dunes  and wander north and south in my experience. Also in ludington area there trail too that may be used for day hikes.

--- Below is just some general info on how got interested in hiking---

After putting together a small group of 4 for a mutliday hiking trip last September, I'm itching to do more over night trips. It was my first real multi-day hike. After try to haphazzardly put it together of a couple months before hand the results were this: somewhat overpacking, it was an extremely warm few day with cold nights that particular weekend and I even managed to break a tooth a bit of granola. Anyways learned a lot and despite that it was a fun. Making me itching to do it again... I work at a desk and cut my knee a couple years back with a chainsaw so I needed something to get me out and moving.

I live not far from a section of the North Coutry Trail and decided what the hell so my fiance' and I started hiking day hikes and I did several hikes at the sand dunes in Silver Lake Michigan to the lake shore and back as well to prepare. Even though still out of shape but didn't let that stop me, I sit at a computer all day and trying to make this a new life style change. Also to note always on my hikes usually included are either my fiance' (Duckie) or good friend (Beezil). Both are ex-scout leaders / camp staff people. My lack of experience in this is always well rounded with their knowledge and training. Hopefully can find other people to help me get into shape and go on some hikes. ~Guy

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply