SD Cent. trail hike past Mt Rushmore

4:18 p.m. on March 12, 2013 (EDT)
29 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

I plan to hike the centennial trail in SD from norbeck TH all the way at the south end up to either Sheridan Lake or Deer creek TH, I am planning to go in mid-late June something like 14-21 or so. This hike takes you right by Mt Rushmore (within a mile) so probably a quick side trip there will also be made.

http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/directory/custer/docs/centennial-trail-brochure.pdf

I am looking to see if anyone would want to tag along and make it easier for transportation between starting and ending trailheads, the trail use is free throughout, so any fees would only be if we were to stay at a designated state campsite. I plan on just backcountry camping unless an individual I was going with wanted to use designated sites. If anyone is interested in joining me please PM me so we can work out more details of the trip.

September 17, 2014
Quick Reply