Door County WI In May

11:37 p.m. on April 2, 2013 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

My wife and I are going to Door County for our anniversary in May. We have never been there and don't know any of the cool trails or parks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brian

4:08 p.m. on April 3, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,154 forum posts

Interesting name!

I have not been there, found some nice pictures of it tho:

Lake-20Michigan-20Fishing1.jpg

masthead_02.jpg

hwy-42-door-county-img4456.jpg

Makes me think of the song by the Beatles"The long and winding road,to your  heart!"

Looks like a great place to have a anniversary vacation!

8:21 a.m. on April 4, 2013 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

Thanks for sharing those pics... looks amazing! Oh and the name- I started a blog (www.TrailPotato.com) and it was hard to find something original. Its a spin on couch potato:)

10:59 a.m. on April 4, 2013 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,165 forum posts

Maybe a day paddle in a canoe on one of their rivers.

8:27 a.m. on April 5, 2013 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

Thanks PPINE... any rivers you recommend? We might bring the kayaks

2:47 a.m. on April 23, 2013 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

My husband and I married in Cave Point Park in Door County a few years ago. That is a great park. So is Newport State Park. Great trails there, I backpacked that last year. I also recommend Peninsula State Park!! We stayed in Sister Bay, and stayed a week. I have more ideas of great places to eat and you MUST do the traditional fish boils they do in the area!! Let me know how else I can help!!

10:00 p.m. on April 23, 2013 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

Divine... thanks for the tips! Someone just told us to checkout White Gull Inn for f.fast. Any particular place for the fish boil? Those parks are all on the list... let me know if there are any trails you remember as being your fabs.

Thx

Brian

2:59 a.m. on April 24, 2013 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

For sure white gull inn for breakfast. Fish Boil at Square Riggers in Jacksonport. They have a website. The pizza at The Wild Tomato is amazing!!! To be honest all the trails were great. I like Peninsula State park the best. great views! The lighthouses are fantastic too!! Have fun! Don't forget Al Johnson's Swedish restaurant! They keep goats on the grass roof!! It's a riot!

8:54 p.m. on April 25, 2013 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

Awesome... thanks so much. I've heard about some of those from others too. Especially the goats!

September 21, 2014
Quick Reply