Quadathlon- Hiking, swimming, cycling and running

3:47 a.m. on June 27, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

A few months ago, i couldn't ride a bike or run long distances due to injuries and problems i had throughout my childhood, but now with a lot of support, my confidence had rapidly grown and i am looking to complete 4 challenges in order to raise money for a couple of charities close to my heart. My challenges i've set myself are- the 3 peaks challenge (Snowdon, Ben Nevis and Scafell Pike) within 24 hours, cycling 100 miles, swimming 1 mile in a pool (52 lengths) and running a half marathon. Does anyone have any training methods they have that could help me keep in shape and build endurance ready for these challenges?

5:10 p.m. on June 27, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,366 reviewer rep
373 forum posts

Not sure if I have linking rights but lets find out...

http://www.bicycling.com/sites/default/files/uploads/CENTURY_PLAN.pdf

If there is a link above it leads to a 10 week training plan for a first time century (100 mile) rider. If not PM me your email address and I'll mail it to you if you'd like.

If you are training for everything at once then this plan is too much.  Try to get in two rides of 25 miles or so during the week and then one day a week go long.  Start with 40 miles if you can and add 5 a week or whatever gets you to your goal.

Also if you are not familiar with the joys of long distance cycling I highly recommend you research chamois cream before your rides start lasting more than 2 hours. It can save you a LOT of tears in the shower 8p

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply