TS in IL?

1:12 a.m. on February 5, 2014 (EST)
BRAND REP TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,988 reviewer rep
476 forum posts

If to accomplish nothing else, can we get a show of hands and see who all on Trailspace is from Illinois, or a reasonable driving distance away from this here state?

Moreover, would y'all be game for a group outing like those folks on the 'ol Hammock Forums seem to be doing all the darn time? I'd say let's organize a "hang," but I wouldn't want to exclude the tenters out there. 

Hiked the Shawnee National Forest and the River to River Trail with a few fellas from here (pillowthread, G00SE, and jrenow) back in September of 2013, and am taking a "the more, the merrier" approach to 2014.

If you're a Midwesterner, and cabin fever's hitting you as hard as it's hitting me, let's put something together for the springtime and have something to look forward to, eh?

1:52 p.m. on February 6, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
40 forum posts

Ts is a wonderful site but when it comes to finding people to get together for group outings you might consider backpacker.com's Midwestern Forum and then Find A Hiking Partner when people get more active.

http://forums.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=SF;f=613107219

September 23, 2014
Quick Reply