391 forum posts
As in previous years, I have an open invite for the trip I am doing this year (a little late getting this going because my boss waited a long time to sign my vacation request).
The trip is a repeat of this one:
I'm doing this trip again because I planned the first one for my niece and she had to back out at the last minute. She is coming this year.
Entry date is Friday July 25, so you would have to be here by the evening of July 24. Exit date is Saturday August 2, so Sunday August 3 would be the first day for your trip home.
I have one, possibly two spaces available in my permit.
My standard qualifiers apply. This trip is the only big one I get to do this year, and my niece and a few other people are coming from out of state. Since this is partially off trail and they do not know the route, they need me to complete the trip with them. As a result, if for some reason you find out after the first day or two that you are not up to the task, you will be responsible to self-evacuate over the easiest route. The only time I will abort my plans is if there is a real medical emergency that preempts other considerations. Biting off more than you can chew is not a medical emergency.
Look at that trip report and see if you are up to it physically and mentally. There should not be any stream crossing issues in this extraordinarily dry year, but you need to be comfortable with a LOT of scrambling and talus with a full pack, as well as a class 2 pass (Pyra-Queen col, look at the pictures and description) with a full pack. Mileage will vary from four or five up to about twelve in one day. Elevation will range from 6700' at the trailhead to 12,800' at Pyra-Queen col.