where can you camping alone

6:19 p.m. on June 12, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

My friends and I are looking to go camping away from people. But we have no idea where we can do this. I live in Delaware, but I want to leave state and am willing to drive no more then 6 hours. if anyone could tell me a good place or somewhere I can look I would be really happy.

6:27 p.m. on June 13, 2007 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,314 forum posts

There are lots of places within 6 hours of Delaware that have a low density of other campers. No place is completely alone, of course, since there are lots of other seekers of solitude (and if I told you specific locations, at least a few of the hundreds of readers of Trailspace might well show up to join you). Close to home are the Jersey Pine Barrens (purported home of the Blair Witch Project). Lots of beautiful campsites there that offer some isolation. You are also within your specified distance of suitable places in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, New York, and some other states. I even know of one in your home base of Delaware and another next door in Maryland, but I'm not going to publicize them.

October 25, 2014
Quick Reply