adult base camping for those who cant hike far

11:36 a.m. on April 16, 2008 (EDT)
62 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

Does anyone know of any roups in the NJ,NY,DEL,PA area that adults who want to camp/be outdoors can join, who have a limited ability too carry a pack or walk far. For example I suffered a back injury and love to camp, but I cant carry a back pack far. so I base camp with nature walks around the base camps.

So are there any groups out there that do this? or are there any folks interested in forming one?
write me at vitolabella@gmail.com

I hope I am allowed to do this here!!
IF not Im sorry!!!!!!!

1:44 p.m. on April 16, 2008 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,472 reviewer rep
5,393 forum posts

vlabella,
Welcome to Trailspace! This is an excellent question to bring up. I know of a group in Utah that does exactly what you are asking for, though that doesn't help you. I believe that some of the large outdoor groups like the Sierra Club, Appalachian Mountain Club, Audubon, and others have sections and activities for people with limitations (all of those have active sections in the area you are asking about). And we have a few regulars on this site who have been getting out despite physical limitations, a couple of whom I believe are in the WV and PA area.

Let us know what you find out.

12:24 p.m. on April 18, 2008 (EDT)
62 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

so far I am still searching

1:22 p.m. on April 18, 2008 (EDT)
62 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

any one in the ny,nj,pa,del area wanting to base camp despite physical limitations contact vitolabella@gmail.com
thanks

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply