About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Midwest Hikers?

12:31 a.m. on June 17, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hello, me and my wife are new to this site (and hiking!-um sorta lol im sure ill explain l8r). We have seen alot of hikers around the south, sthwest, stheast, and west and were wondering how many hikers/backpackers/campers are in the midwest, hopefully in Minnesota on this site. We live in a small town in MN (about 2200 people, small enough for a city boy), and have changed our lives because of our dog funnily enough and want to know how many other people know some great trails first hand in our great state. I hate to say it but MN is so beautiful and underrated I need to see if is anyone else who knows the beauty of this state and can help a new hiker who wants to get into backpacking out.

Thanks!!!! Sorry if my "first" post is jangled up in blue! (BTW Bob Dylan Fan, was in full support of him getting a street named after him)

1:50 p.m. on June 17, 2008 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

Welcome Shaggz!

I used to live in western Wisconsin and I couldn't agree with you more! Definitely plan a trip or two to the boundary waters! You will not regret it! I'm wishing I could be there right know:)!

12:51 a.m. on June 21, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

The St Croix is awesome. we have recently conned a few friends into going hiking with us there, I hope they can keep up!!

12:00 p.m. on July 26, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
153 forum posts

What part of Mn are you from, eastern, northern etc.?

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply