Anybody in the Wisconsin or Minnesota area?

4:56 p.m. on October 13, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
153 forum posts

How's this for an accomplishment, I've officially used every bit of my 5 hiking partner's vacation time on backpacking trips, and for I haven't taken more than 2 other people on a trip at a time. I've been lucky enough to get out on a 4 day trip every 3 weeks or so, but I've officially run out of people who can take off for more than a 2 day weekend till this January. I could resort to going solo, but that's much less fun, not to mention the increased risk factor in some of the less visited places. Of course the alternative is to stay indoors till January but I don't like that idea either.

Anybody out there have the same problem as me? If so, let me know. I'm 25 and do quite a bit of hiking so I shouldn't have any trouble keeping up. I don't have any particular trips in the works right now, but I'm always up for something around the Midwest. I've done several in Hawaii as well as one west this year as well as a couple in Alaska for anybody who can spend a bit more. I'm in the Minneapolis for area right now for work but will be moving back to the Milwaukee area soon

6:11 p.m. on October 13, 2008 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

I wish I could go with you! I always have the same problem, except that I live in Florida. Maybe there should be a hiking partner thread or section?

10:41 p.m. on October 13, 2008 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
42 forum posts

Live up in N. Wisconsin along Lake Superior. The rest of this season is on hold due to an unfortunate accident experienced by a coworker (fell out of a tree stand, busted a leg). But for next season the Superior Hiking trail, Picture Rocks National Lakeshore trail and/or Isle Royale for a week+ trip and hopefully eventually a thru hike of the Superior Trail are on the "Bucket List". Another hike on the list is the Wailau Trail on Molokai. Have not taken an extended backpacking trip since the '80s. Got into sea kayaking trips. Back into backpacking. Right now due to work I'm limited to overnight "backcountry" stealth hikes/camping. But, for next season....

10:15 a.m. on October 14, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

I'm in the Twin Cities area. I just got back from the Grand Marais area - hiked the Eagle Mountain trail over the weekend. I'd love to get out more often, but family committments keep me in too often. My next overnight outing is likely going to be in February.

12:43 a.m. on October 30, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

I was in the Fox Valley many years ago. Still have several friends who backpack/hike/climb living there. Send me an email address and I can forward it on.

Chris

11:33 p.m. on December 17, 2008 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

I'm in milwaukee and I'd be interested in doing some hikes if possible. I'm really interested in doing some snowshoeing if possible as well. If anyone else is interested let me know

adam

October 31, 2014
Quick Reply