About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Caribbean (Trinidad)

11:58 a.m. on January 6, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Has anyone had experience hiking in Trinidad or other Caribbean Islands? I mostly do day or overnight hikes here in Arizona. I pack very light and like to cover long distances. All I usually bring with me is a daypack, lightweight sleeping bag and a light tent to keep the critters out. And typical supplies, food, water, clothes... I'm very familiar with the Island. Have family there and have been many times just have never done any real hiking. Since there is plenty of water in Trinidad and none in AZ the only change I was planning on making to my pack was a water filtration system and more bug spray. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

1:04 p.m. on January 8, 2009 (EST)
225 reviewer rep
1,158 forum posts

I spent two weeks in Tobago and explored the perimeter road on a dirt bike and all the way to one end(Charlotteville???)back in 1989. There's also a nice road that cuts across the island and over the jungle mountains. A fine place.

8:38 a.m. on January 17, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Tipi - spent last three nights in Joyce Kilmer
Strateon Bald camping was at least 10 below
You met me w/ my kids group in jk this past
Summer - you also know my young friend
Ed (stretch) - he finished his sobo thru hike
AT in Dec - some guy from ashevile trying
To get sateelah basin desgnated a wilderness
Area also might try to contact you - Drew , "the
Troll" - drewclimber@yahoo.com