Primative school next week

3:45 p.m. on February 5, 2009 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,071 forum posts

I am going to a week long primative course down in south Pheonix next week. Its thru a site called http://www.backtracks.net Will be living in the desert on the edge of the city. Be nice but will seem hot after being in Jackson all winter. Was 84 today down there. Around 90 usually in late Feb.

8:47 p.m. on February 5, 2009 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Thats cool Gary!

I have done something similar but in the Southeast. We stayed a week, had three classes a day with scheduled activities (voluntary) and free time after each class. It was great, we left with a notebook containing everything that was taught, some new skills, and some new friends.

I hope you have a blast! Tell us about it.

7:35 p.m. on February 7, 2009 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,071 forum posts

This will be the second time I have gone, the last was in 2006. I will tell all about it after we come back.

10:10 p.m. on February 7, 2009 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,071 forum posts

Rabbitstick and Winter Count are totally unique learning experiences made available to you from Backtracks. These premier events, focusing on primitive technology, are held near Rexburg, Idaho (RS) and Maricopa, Arizona (WC) each fall and winter. Rabbitstick is the largest and oldest of the contemporary primitive skills gatherings. Winter Count is the only event held during this season of the year. Both are perfect excuses for you to get away and sample a community based on the lessons of the old ways. Backtracks brings you these innovative gatherings, with dozens of workshops that will be familiar and we also introduce you to many new and varied formats, skills and personalities. Each night is filled with music dance and entertainment. Mid-week features our annual dress-up night with masks and buckskin finery. Rabbitstick and Winter Count are not "period events." There is no dress code or requirement. Although buckskins are present, they are not daily dress for most of the attendees. But, to get into the swing of things, we encourage you to try out some traditional or home-made dress. Many of the workshops will help you get started. Backtracks primitive skills conferences have no prerequisite, but will best serve those who know the basics and need additional instruction from those who can teach. However, if you have the desire and interest Rabbitstick and Winter Count will provide you with an unparalleled chance to learn from both journeyman and master teachers

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply