Bicycle touring Utah

1:31 a.m. on March 10, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,077 forum posts

Well, no work so I am going to go to Escalante in April and hike there a bit, then bike tour around Utah. I will look for spot jobs and work my way around the state from Escalante south to northern Arizona, then east to Page and back up thru Monument Valley, then up to Moab and around again to somewhere in western Utah for the winter, maybe Kanab or Zion or ?

I will try to keep in touch and tell where I am as time goes by. Maybe I will meet one of you other members here out there somewhere?

7:45 p.m. on March 10, 2009 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Gary I hate to break this to you, but Utah has got the best looking women in the world. :) Have fun! And carry some extra raincoats!! LOL

10:25 p.m. on March 10, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,077 forum posts

Yes and I hope to meet a few of them too :) Its that Mormon inbreeding that does the trick on beauty...

I have good raingear and like the weather when it pours in the slickrock.

4:38 p.m. on March 20, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,077 forum posts

I have changed my bike touring plans to go to Zion NP first, hike, look for work there or in Springdale then if nothing head east and south to Mt Carmel,Kanab,the Paria, and then to Page on Lake Powell if I don't find some work before that for the summer/fall. Maybe if I get to Lake Powell I can get a year round job at a marina or in the little town there of Page. That would be cool to see the Goosenecks of the Colorado,Antelope Slot Canyon and Lake Powells areas all summer/fall/winter and spring.

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply