Jasper to Lake Louise Ski traverse

10:38 a.m. on March 15, 2009 (EDT)
42 reviewer rep
352 forum posts

As anyone done the Jasper to Lake Louise ski traverse in the past? We're planning it for March 2010 and would welcome any info or comments you have on this.

We're a party of 3 and at least one of us is planning on using a sled ( tried and tested in extreme trails).

The route is about 300 km, the plan is for 3 ressuplies (one heli) and 30 days, the goal being to relax and have fun with plenty of time for days off, side trips or waiting out the weather, not performance.

2 of us have already done the Wapta traverse and we're all experienced winter campers.

Planning the trip is half the fun!

1:16 p.m. on March 30, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,053 forum posts

I haven't done this trip, but I just wanted to say that it sounds like a great trip, Franc.

I hope you get all the info you need for next year and share a trip report with photos after the fact. Jasper and that whole area are favorites of mine.

4:08 p.m. on March 30, 2009 (EDT)
71 reviewer rep
440 forum posts

Wow. Sounds like an absolutely fantastic trip. Wish I could give you some help/info, but alas, all I can do is sit here in quiet envy.....

September 22, 2014
Quick Reply