Backpacking in Washington

5:53 p.m. on March 20, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

Any folks hike in Washington?? Olympic National Park?? What are the ones you suggest?? I've done a lot of Eastern Washington and am looking to possibly cover some ground out west. If you know of any good hikes in the eastern part also, please share. Cheers!

10:42 p.m. on March 24, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
46 forum posts

There is a place called Staircase I went to when living out in Olympia, it's on the peninsula, but not that long a hike. Also, hiking out to the Hot springs in the Olympics is beautiful. They are sort of pearched on the side of a real good steep that is breathtaking when the moon rises. If you get to North Central WA, I recomend the Cascade Pass area around Marblemount. If you are really looking for a ball buster Eldorado Glacier is something like a 7000' accent in three miles on what could hardly be called a trail. It's far less traveled than Sahali Glacier trail and will make you wince. If that's not your style, the back side of Cascade pass sweeps into the dry side of the Cascades, and follows a river down to Stenhiken. Great hike, about 25 miles from the western base of Cascade Pass. Great swimming hole just before you hit the PCT crossing.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply