First Trip

9:05 p.m. on April 12, 2009 (EDT)
18 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

I am going on my first Backpacking adventure, not only of the season, but first trip ever. I am really stoked to hit the trail after a few months of gear collecting, research, planning, and am using this as a learning experience to help me work up to a couple week long trips later in the summer and fall. My frined and I are heading out on a Friday afternoon, coming back on Sunday evening. Forecast for the area (Northern Wisconsin) has highs in the low 50s and overnight lows around 30. I have all my gear ready to be packed. I will let you all know how the adventure goes when I return. Wish me luck. -Nate

10:42 p.m. on April 12, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
46 forum posts

Enjoy it Nate, it'll be like the first time you take acid.........life changing.

11:45 p.m. on April 12, 2009 (EDT)
71 reviewer rep
440 forum posts

Woo-hoo! Enjoy the trip. I'll put in a good word with the Man Upstairs re: weather. Don't want it too exciting or challenging on your first trip, now do we?

I'm jealous. I won't be able to get back out for another couple weeks, looks like.

10:56 a.m. on April 13, 2009 (EDT)
42 reviewer rep
352 forum posts

Mouhahahahaaa! Nice one Random, brings back good memories.

Bio man, have fun! Hinge season camping is a challenge, but i'm sure you'll have a great time!

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply