Site I Found for FREE Camping

6:33 p.m. on July 8, 2009 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

As ye all know, I live in my tent year 'round.

I did a google search on totally free camping areas here in the US. This Site I found:

http://www.freecampground.com/topsites.asp?start=51

All the States are listed in alphabetical order. Something to consider...if you enjoy camping or make your habitation in tents.

Hope this topic will be of good use to you all. :)

Feel free to add info if you happen to know of any free camping areas in your local area. Thanks.

7:36 p.m. on July 8, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,050 forum posts

That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.

8:35 p.m. on July 8, 2009 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

You're welcome!

I need to know of these areas. Thank God for this Site.

6:02 p.m. on July 11, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

that is a great site. thanks for sharing it with us!

9:13 p.m. on July 11, 2009 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

You are very welcome!

If anyone needs more info regarding my home State of Ohio just ask. There are way more free camping areas than the ones listed on the website I linked to.

1:40 p.m. on July 13, 2009 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

Keep in mind, although the camping may be free, places like Shenandoah National Park require a $25 entrance fee in order to gain acess to the free camping. The wife and I just camped for free this weekend. (we have a National Parks pass that has paid for itself more than a couple times over) We paid $80 for the pass and have saved about $270 over what it would have cost to pay each time we visited a park.

7:49 p.m. on July 13, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

BigSmoke, are you guys home yet, or still on your trip?

Nevermind, I just saw your post in trip reports, I'm looking forward to the photos.

10:18 p.m. on July 13, 2009 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

Hey trouthunter,

We are back. We were home for 2 days, sent my boys to their mom and my stepson to his dads and headed to Shenandoah for some backcountry hiking and an overnight with just the two of us. I think we might be just a bit nuts!

I will get around to a trip report... in the meantime here is the final tally of National Parks http://www.trailspace.com/forums/trip-reports/topics/57861.html

...and I just read the never mind after I posted this...

September 17, 2014
Quick Reply