About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Double loop in CO?

1:24 p.m. on August 10, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
27 forum posts

I'm trying to plan a trip for five guys, Friday - Sunday, where two of them need to head back on Saturday night.

So, I'm looking for something where everyone can basically do a loop finishing up close-ish to the cars on Saturday, those two guys duck out, and then the remaining hikers still have a new trail/hike/loop to do on the remaining part of Saturday, and finishing on Sunday.

I'm in Boulder, and hoped to find something within two hours driving.

My best ideas:

1) Lost Creek has a lot of loops. We could even do a shuttle hike, where the Sat. guys leave their car at another exit, which we hike to by Sat., and then the Sunday guys hike the rest of the loop/trail back to the original parking.

2) Go peak bagging in Mt. Evans wilderness. Forget backpacking, and just do daypacks to climb some cool 13ers: Spalding, Edwards, etc.

I'm trying to keep days to 7 mi. or less, to accomodate everyone.

Thoughts on other places I should consider? RMNP could have some good loops, but gets expensive for multiple cars/multiple campsites (and no dogs allowed).

Thanks for any suggestions.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply