Chinese Mountain Hike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rN5zO2T7A

Abandoned Hydroelectric Power El Camino Del Rey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw&feature=related

6:33 p.m. on October 26, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Aw, I could do that blind folded. And it's the only way you would get me up there too.

12:22 a.m. on October 27, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Amazing...Blind-folded up blind-folded down...

I might do the abandoned dam one but the chinese 1 one a windy day?

3:22 a.m. on October 27, 2009 (EDT)
15 reviewer rep
204 forum posts

I saw the title and thought you were asking what is the world's most dangerous hike.. I was going to say the one you take your wife on with you :P

I don't have to worry about the woman issue, but I swear, I want to hang my girlfriends when they hike with me. Thankfully I just get a bit ahead of them and crank my Ipod. It works.

mostly.

till we get to the camp site. Then its back to nagging nonstop again.

9:31 a.m. on October 27, 2009 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
470 forum posts

You'd think they would have scheduled a good maintenance crew for a day or two. You know, fully reinforced birms and rattle cut rock. Maybe a few cut ins for tourist to rest and eat a basket lunch along the way. Cleaner switchbacks. That is what they did on the High Sierra Trail above Hamilton Lake. Completely changed the 'fabric' and 'experience' of the trail, though. You have to be careful installing upgrades.

I guess they put in those fixed cables after they figured out why they had so few converts? Now, as shown in the vid, anybody can do it. That must be one heck of a disclaimer you have to sign.

Ya wonder a few things about the El Camino Del Rey one: Why would they put the access there? How DID they do it? Wouldn't you like to be the guy whose job it is to get up every morning to get up there to turn that water gate mechanism? Wonder if they ever had to pay a pension?

It escapes me now, but there is probably a reason you don't see a lot of that kind of trail in the US. Especially in litigious California.

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply