Foothills Trail

9:08 a.m. on February 18, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
32 forum posts

Has anyone here hike on the Foothills Trail, in particular Laurel Valley to Bad Creek access? Are there places to park a 15 passenger van at the Laurel Valley access?

5:57 p.m. on February 23, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Sorry I missed this thread somehow jab,

I have hiked the FT two times thru & some single sections.

I don't know about parking at the spot, do you still want me to find out, or am I too late?

9:43 a.m. on March 12, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
32 forum posts

Well i was suppose to take some scouts on the AT, Clingmans to Fontana Dam but some how I missed that the road to Clingmans is going to be closed til May for construction and my trip is in April lol. So i was trying to get togther a new trip quickly but it is going to be too late for me to even plan it in time.

6:44 p.m. on March 12, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

I understand........ the logistics for planning group outings is often harder than you would think.

Using the IAO philosophy, (improvise-adapt-overcome) I would think about having the camp-out in my backyard and let the scouts earn their lawn care badge. I'm joking of course.

Sometimes when your a kid you just want to get out of your own house for a night of fun with your friends, your parents aren't around to tell you to quit acting silly, and you can stay up late!

Sometimes us adults try too hard to plan the perfect trip, the younger ones are often happy to just be out in the woods, any woods.

The older ones are ready to learn about multi day hikes. Making camp in a different place each night teaches you a lot, you have to keep up with all your gear, do litter patrol every morning, and sometimes try to figure out whose socks your wearing cause they all look the same at 6 am.

I miss those days from my youth!

Keep up the good work.

Anybody missing a blue sock?

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply