Colorado Lost Creek Wilderness Area

11:17 p.m. on April 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

I am planning a trip here in a couple of weeks. It is just going to be 2-3 nights doing the Hankins Pass trail to Mcurdy Park and looping back to the Goose Creek Trailhead.

It looks like there is plenty of water aong the way and the weather has been nice enough that the trail may not be a total mud pit (though you never know in Colorado). Does anyone have any experience with this area or know of anything specific that I should be aware of for this time of year?

10:30 a.m. on April 3, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
39 forum posts

I can't speak for LCW specifically but down by Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak area I'm seeing a few feet of snow above 8000 ft. With the weather warming up and the freeze/thaw thing going on the trails have been a bit slick in places too. Hope that gives you some help. :) Then again the weather can do a lot in a few weeks.

11:29 a.m. on April 7, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

Thank you for the input. I spoke with someone at the ranger station, she said there would be mud and snow but that she would give it a try. Whatever that means!

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply