About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Yellowstone or Teton's July 23rd and 24th

3:56 p.m. on June 11, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hello -

I'm a 26 year old Midwesterner who hikes whenever and wherever I can. I will be in Idaho Falls for business on 7/23/10. After my morning meeting I want to drive over to Wyoming to backpack in Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons for the weekend. However, I'd rather do it with a group of people rather than alone. My plan is to be back in Salt Lake City around 5 on 7/25 to catch a flight back to St. Louis or I could even come back Monday the 26th.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might hook up with other backpackers on a weekend trip? I'd rather not go alone and want to meet up with a group of a few people. Should I just show up at the park and try to find people? Are there other internet forums I might try? Are there clubs with scheduled hikes I might be able to join in on? I've been searching the net for hours now and the only things comes up from search engines are people trying to sell me time shares in Jackson, WY. Somebody please give me some advice....

Danny

4:35 p.m. on June 11, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

Please contact my friend Kayla who lives in Jackson and tell her I suggested her as a hiking partner. Tell her of your idea and that you are looking to do a hike,when and where. She is an experienced local hiker and may be interested. Send me an email at cpatflgaz@yahoo.com and I will give your here email address. Be sure to label the email with your title above "Yellowstone or Teton's July 23rd and 24th" so I will know its you.

12:06 p.m. on June 14, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

Guess Kayla will be in the Teton Wilderness by the time you get out to Wyoming.

You should have np problem in either Yellowstone or the Tetons finding hiking partners. Check around at the campgrounds and tell others you would like to join their group.

6:14 p.m. on June 14, 2010 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
241 forum posts

You might want to try the Sierra Club chapter out of Jackson Hole:

http://www.wyoming.sierraclub.org/outings/index.html

http://www.jacksonholewy.net/hiking/

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply