Whigg Meadow

12:34 p.m. on July 5, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

I will be up at Whigg meadow In the Chrokee NF this weekend- If anyone hikes through there, stop and say hello!

It would be great to meet fellow trailspacers out in our true habitat :)

2:52 p.m. on July 8, 2010 (EDT)
16 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

Gonzan, what a GREAT place. havn't been there in years myself though. Sad to say that I have to work this weekend or id make a run up there for sure.

You ever done much hiking on the Benton McKaye Trail? I was looking at it the other day and never really noticed that it ran right there near the meadow.

Enjoy the trip and let us know how it turns out!

3:25 p.m. on July 8, 2010 (EDT)
225 reviewer rep
1,194 forum posts

Hey guys, check out this Trailspace page for some Whigg fotogs:

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/trip-reports/topics/74272.html

Scroll down and you'll get to some Whigg stuff.

4:47 p.m. on July 8, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

renegade-

I have hiked a little bit of it, but only about ten miles or so, mostly between Farr Gap and Beech Gap. I am sure I will hike more of it in the future.

I haven't been to Whigg before, but I am taking my little sister out backpacking for her first trip, so I figured I would keep it really easy. It should be a fun, beautiful, and very light trip- something to get her really excited and motivated to go backpacking more.

I will try to bring back some good photos to give Tipi's shots a run for the money ;)

5:44 p.m. on July 8, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,478 forum posts

I hiked the BMT years ago and loved it. I did not go to Whigg Meadow and still have not been. From what I read I understand there is a spur trail that takes you there (?). Thanks for the photos Tipi, and Gonzan good luck to you, I hope you have fun and please do post some photos when you get back.

So many places to hike in...what to do?

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply