About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Hoh River to 3rd Beach

9:37 a.m. on July 24, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Planning this hike for next week, but the tides won't be low enough. Does anyone know of a route to go over the headlands, instead of around at low tide? Thanks,

11:55 a.m. on July 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

I am not sure on this honestly but I really want to do this hike someday soon, if you figure it out please post it for all 2 see 8)

2:14 a.m. on August 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I talked to the Ranger at Port Angeles. I and 2 buddies are starting this trail tomorrow morning. We are going there and back so we are starting at Third Beach and heading south to Oil City. If it turns out that tides will stop us we have only lost about 2 miles of the hike. You can park cars at two places and hike out before oil city at an alternate trailhead.

7:20 p.m. on August 5, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Tulley, we ended up doing an out and back. If you go north to south, when you reach Goodman Cr, turn left and follow the trail all the way to the where it crosses the creek. We crossed in less than ankle deep water at low tide.

Also, when you go. Make sure to get past Toleak Pt. there's a pit toilet there and it seems everyone stops just north of the point to be close the the toilet.

When you go it will be well worth it, lost of varied scenery and trail conditions. Try to pick a dry stretch.

6:49 p.m. on August 11, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

Very cool evillordmark! I plan on getting to this hike sooner than later 8), just got back from doing Chinook Pass to White Pass and then a few days in the Goat Rocks, both are hikes I would look at if you are in washington. Beautiful on both hikes.

2:06 p.m. on September 17, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Never did that stretch, but did Ozette to Rialto Beach years ago (before family). That was a very memorable hike...some of the most beautiful coastline, and not a single sole after getting away from Sand Point. Would love to get back there some day and take the family to share it with this time.

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply