Broad Peak 2011

6:10 p.m. on August 2, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I am planning an expedition to Broad Peak in 2011 and I am looking for partners who would be interested in this type of trip. We will be using a local outfitter for base camp support. Departing June of 2011.

If interested, please email me at: mountainlight241@hotmail.com

7:30 a.m. on August 3, 2010 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

I assume you are speaking of the K-3 Broad Peak.

Ah, if only I was young and strong again, and not so poor. You may want to post on the American Alpine Club bulletin board, or the Seattle Mountaineer’s web site. Regardless this peak is considered one of the easiest of the 8KM peaks, this venue demands world class mountaineers, due to its remoteness, extreme high altitude, and implicit need for self sufficiency. You should also confirm through the American Embassy that the outfitter you selected has both the wherewithal and current authority to conduct and coordinate your venture, including setting compensation rates for your porter and camp staff, not to mention warranting that this region is safe for Westerners, given the current conflicts in the region.
Ed

October 30, 2014
Quick Reply