shenandoah wedding

12:28 p.m. on October 15, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

My fiance and I would like to get married atop Hawks Bill in Shenandoah next summer. Any hikers live nearby who also happen to be licensed ministers?

7:12 p.m. on October 15, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

We're also considering locations in the Smokies, Catskills, and Adirondacks if we can't find someone for Shenandoah.

1:08 p.m. on October 19, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,104 forum posts

I can't help you out, but wanted to say good luck! It sounds like a memorable wedding.

Two of my good friends got married on top of New Hampshire's Cannon Mountain last year, and it was great.

4:16 p.m. on October 19, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Can't help either, but I wish you the best in making it happen. I really wanted to get married on one of the Highest peaks in the Uniquoi Mountains, but I wasn't able to work out all the details. I always kinda wish I had worked to make it happen though.

Best of Luck!

3:15 p.m. on October 20, 2010 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
318 forum posts

Off topic but Licensed Ministers? The United States has too many licenses. 

Best of luck on the cool wedding. Are the parents aware they may have to hike up a mountian? You don't want to spring that on them last minute.

10:38 p.m. on October 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Check in with Rodney at MVShuttle.com  We used their service and he has great knowledge of the area and I"m sure can help.

11:38 a.m. on October 24, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

Thanks everyone, but she nixed the "real" mtn top in favor of a chapel on a hilltop with a hair/makeup/mani/pedi and a photo package in a dress and holding flowers. She doesn't want to be sweaty in her pics, which I can understand. So my counter offer was that the honeymoon inluded no less than four days, three nights of backpacking the Smokies. To sweeten the deal, I promised to shave and wear tie for the wedding. She found those terms acceptable. Hooray diplomacy!

7:04 a.m. on October 25, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,104 forum posts

Sounds like an excellent compromise all around.

Enjoy planning the wedding and the honeymoon.

12:29 a.m. on November 17, 2010 (EST)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

Shtring, my wife and I were married in Shenandoah at Dickie's Ridge.

She got the hair/makeup/mani/pedi and a photo package in a dress (wearing hiking boots) and holding flowers.

We had a minster who drove up and a photographer who was amazing. Our photographer followed us down Skyline drive looking for great views and photo ops. If I can find the pics I will post... It might not be too late to get your wish :)

October 25, 2014
Quick Reply