Nipmuck Trail , CT 11/12-11/14

4:32 p.m. on November 5, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,846 reviewer rep
1,317 forum posts

Planning an upcoming trip for next weekend. Gonna try and do a large chunk of the Nipmuck trail. I have a permit already for Friday and Sat nights, so if anyone is interested in going let me know and I can add you. Planning to head out about noon or so on Friday and be back around mid-late afternoon Sunday.

I have never done this trail before, but hear it's beautiful this time of year.

12:12 p.m. on November 8, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,104 forum posts

Have fun on this trip.

As a native of Connecticut I find it interesting to hear about trips on its different trails, so let us know how it goes.

Have you ever done the Mattatuck Trail?

12:33 p.m. on November 8, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,846 reviewer rep
1,317 forum posts

Alicia, No I have not done the Mattatuck trail yet. I am slowly but surely working my way through the CT walk books. I will probally do it at some point in 2011.

8:47 a.m. on November 9, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I am up in CT a couple times a year, and wish I had a trip now; it would be fun to get out on the trail with other trailspacers.

Alicia, where did you grow up in CT? I lived up there for 4 years while in college. I have some wonderful friends, my "Connecticut Family" as it were, up there and consider Old Lyme a bit of a second home.

7:38 p.m. on November 9, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,104 forum posts

I grew up in Litchfield County, gonzan.

One reason I asked about the Mattatuck Trail is that it runs through my hometown and is probably the first "real" trail I ever hiked on.

However, I really haven't done a lot of hiking in my own native state, since I left for college and haven't lived there since high school. So I think it's neat to hear about the trails others are hiking there and consider some hikes to squeeze in on future visits.

8:11 p.m. on November 9, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,846 reviewer rep
1,317 forum posts

If yall are ever in CT feel free to get in touch, I am always up for a hike!

7:19 p.m. on November 10, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,104 forum posts

Thanks! I'll keep following your Connecticut trip reports.

5:28 p.m. on November 11, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,846 reviewer rep
1,317 forum posts

Well I just got finished loading everything into the pack except for my down bag. Gonna get a nice early start tomorrow morning, hope to be on the trail by 7am. Was able to get the whole day off tomorrow vice just a half day so I will be doing the entire trail instread of just part of it.

Should be absolutely beautiful, don't think the weather could get any better. Clear, highs in the 50s, lows in the 30s. Will post a TR when I get back. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Remember, get out there!

October 24, 2014
Quick Reply