Christmas Hike

5:28 p.m. on December 6, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

Heading back up to Hendersonville for Christmas, would like to do a day hike while I am there. Any suggestions?

9:55 p.m. on December 7, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

wish I could give you some, but I do not know the area. Good luck, and keep it up!

11:09 p.m. on December 7, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I guess I could try Looking Glass Rock, it is just a short distance from where I did my Thanksgiving day hike. This time I do not want to take the whole family. My son-in-law tries to run ahead and he lays down to rest's till we catch up. Then he complains about how tired he is.

7:22 p.m. on December 8, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,556 forum posts

My son-in-law tries to run ahead and he lays down to rest's till we catch up. Then he complains about how tired he is.

HaHa!

I guess at least he doesn't disappear off the back of the line and you have to go find him.

4:40 a.m. on December 10, 2010 (EST)
26 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

Mike,

I don't suppose you have any relatives in Southern Ontario, Canada.

The gentleman I am thinking of is an avid fisherman as well as his wife.  In fact he has been fishing with Bob Izumi.

I met them last year, through business, and they are great people.

Just curious...you don't come across the Cipriani name very often.

Regardless,

Happy Holidays Hiking

=)

Reed 

7:25 a.m. on December 10, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
155 forum posts

I say do it. I've wanted to hike there for years. I went by it back a few years ago. My wife and I spent a weekend in Asheville, and I at least wanted to check it out. Drove on the road underneath it. We didn't go up it because you had to pay and for some reason on that trip we were feeling frugal.

Now I wished I had driven up into it. :-(

8:53 a.m. on December 10, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

Reed.... no, bit I sure do wish I did have some folks up there...A.  I have been to Canada fishing a few times and I just love the place.

4:21 p.m. on December 10, 2010 (EST)
26 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

Oh Canada...I am so lucky to live here eh!  lol

Please watch this 30 second commercial.  I seriously get goose bumps EVERY time I watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQkrV3ppAw

Canadian or not, you will appreciate it as well.

Anytime you are in Southern Ontario, Canada...look me up.  My door is always open, literally and figuratively speaking.  The majority of Canadians don't feel the need to lock our doors...may sound stupid but fact of the matter is it has always been that way.

10:57 p.m. on December 14, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

Wow!  That's a very inspirational video, even if it is a commercial!  It makes me want to run to the nearest BevMo and pick up a 6-pack of Molson Canadian.... or even book a trip up there!  :)

I love that line, "we've got more square feet of awesomeness per person than any other nation on earth"  :)

We've got a lot of square feet of awesomeness here, too, but a whole lot more people occupying it ...

It's even more impressive if you select the highest resolution your monitor will support and maximize it to full screen :)

8:32 a.m. on December 15, 2010 (EST)
26 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

Proud Canadian!

=)

7:49 p.m. on December 16, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I can't watch it as I am only have dial up....bummer

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply