Looking for AT thru hike partners for mid april start

10:13 a.m. on April 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Hello everyone, I am McHunter. Looking for an AT thru hike partner/group that are planning to head out around mid april. I have decided to go with a fast pace of around 20 miles per day, but will adjust +/- miles  if needed once on the trail.  Gear wise I am on the heavy side with a 45lbs pack. 

Hoping to meet up with an easy going group on trail, but figured I would see just how many people are leaving late for this years thru hike season.

11:17 a.m. on April 3, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

Welcome to trailspace McHunter!!!

I myself leave in a week for my thru-hike...But as far as I am aware there are only 653 people registered to thruhike this season...I do know that their are quit a few that will be heading out the same time frame as you are proposeing...As for the 45lbs you will be carrying..Would you be willing to post your gear list to maybe help you shed some of the weight? I would just like to make it a little more comfortible for your hike and see you complete it...A member here and others helped me with mine and hiking with it on the trail showed me what was a non- multipurpose item to shed even more...

2:04 p.m. on April 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Hey Denis, hope to see you on the trail. I went ahead and posted my gear list to date in a post under the gear section here. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, where and how do you go about registering for a thru hike?

I am amazed there will be 654 attempting the trail this year. Likely see some wilderness traffic jams with those numbers, ha.

4:08 p.m. on April 3, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

I 'll post to your gear list..Just posted what website to you and it will be more like 3000 by the end of the year to be honest. Last year 689 people made it all the way on a thruhike...

September 22, 2014
Quick Reply