Panama City Beach / Panhandle Day hikes?

10:19 a.m. on April 4, 2011 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
54 forum posts

Hello all,

I almost forgot to post about this...  I'm spending a week in Panama City Beach Florida with the misses and our 2 dogs. I can't do any overnighters, but would like to do a nice day hike or 2. (5-10 miles / day)

Any thoughts? I'm going to start doing some googling, but getting advise/ recommendations from people how have hiking the trails is clearly much better.

Thanks again

Josh

11:15 a.m. on April 4, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
82 forum posts

Go to the library and check out "Hiking Northern Florida". It is a great book with a listing of day hikes, overnighters, and multi day trips.

Also, check the Florida Trail Association website. The FTA has a long list of trips all over the state. If you need help navigating the site, let me know. It can be a little tricky.

www.floridatrail.org

12:08 p.m. on April 4, 2011 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
54 forum posts

thanks latittude!

11:54 a.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,597 reviewer rep
1,247 forum posts

Panama City, Spring Break??  Hmmm.  Stay on the beach.  Wear sunglasses so your wife cant see where you are looking!

2:12 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
54 forum posts

haha, i was there a decade ago at age 19....lots of fun for the single guy. I think and hope actually that spring break will be over by then..4/16 - 4/23. the 4 am nights were fun, but i'm hoping its more low key this time around.

sunglasses will be worn either way though :)

11:37 p.m. on April 9, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
82 forum posts

The "Spring Break Season" is in March, so you should be safe.

October 21, 2014
Quick Reply