About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Section hiking AT; access to Tesnatee Gap

5:32 p.m. on July 17, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
82 forum posts

Starting to piece together plans for that trip. I am looking for suggestions for a reliable and decently priced shuttle service. If anyone has any to suggest to me, I would appreciate it :)

11:53 a.m. on July 20, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
1,046 forum posts

Don the closest to that area is Hiker hostel in Dahlonga (770) 312-7342

then Mountain Crossings in Neels Gap( 706) 745-6095 they dont run the shuttle but make arrangments..Tom bazemore(706) 265-9454  he runs a shuttle I would call all three and see who gives the best deal. Also that section of trail you realize your hiking up hill to start? Have a great trip and PM if you have any questions and will try and answer when I can..

11:24 p.m. on July 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

This is a list of shuttle services I ran across yesterday.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs/default-document-library/AT Shuttle List WEB 6-7-11.pdf

If the link doesn't work PM me and I can email you a copy.

11:32 a.m. on July 21, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
82 forum posts

@Denis, I did know it is all up hill at that point. Really until you leave Georgia, or so I hear. But I figured no better place to start than at the beginning. Plus, it is the closest section to where I live, and with vacation time at a premium, the closer the better. 

Thank you for the info though. I will take a look and number crunch :)

1:51 p.m. on July 21, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

How far are you going to hike?

6:16 p.m. on July 21, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
1,046 forum posts

Don- way cool buddy. Just want you to have a great time with your vacation and an maybe a decent to start would give you a better positive feeling.. But I hope you rock it out of the park..You get the urge sometime to Hike Va Pm me and meet you to hike Shenandoahia NP...

9:29 p.m. on July 21, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
82 forum posts

I am always looking for a hiking partner, Denis. Let me get my hammock and I will meet you up there ;)

9:30 p.m. on July 21, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
82 forum posts

Ocala, I haven't decided yet. I am not going to go super hard. I was thinking like 8-10 miles per day. Just depends on how many days I can get off in a row.

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply