Ediza Lake, CA

4:46 a.m. on September 26, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
29 forum posts

Backpacking trip number four for me (still a newbie).

We took the Shadow Lake trail to Ediza Lake (near Mammoth, CA).

Making our way to Shadow Lake for a lunch break:

Shadow Lake:

Took us a good 7 hours to reach Ediza (we're slow) :):

Another view of Ediza:

Day hike to Iceberg Lake (looking down at Ediza):

Entering Iceberg Lake (had lunch here):

night time stories:

Being in my 'girlie time of the month' I was GLAD to get home and take a real shower!!! But the experience and the views are what keep my backpack ready to go instead of locked away in the attic. 

6:51 a.m. on September 26, 2011 (EDT)
1,886 reviewer rep
703 forum posts

Those are some incredible looking photos, thanks for sharing.

9:33 a.m. on September 26, 2011 (EDT)
4,626 reviewer rep
1,381 forum posts

Fall packing is great.  thanks for posting!

10:21 a.m. on September 26, 2011 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
193 forum posts

that looks like an awesome trip!

9:25 a.m. on September 27, 2011 (EDT)
775 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Very, very nice. 

What are you shooting with? You got some great density, nice dynamic range, and smooth darks. I love the night tent shot. I was in the Tetons earlier this month and planned on doing some night photography, but circumstances kept me from being able to :(

12:36 a.m. on September 28, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

My, oh my!  Now I know where paradise is!  Fun to look at great pictures and add to my serotonin level just imagining myself there, outside the rat-race.  Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!

1:52 a.m. on September 28, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Awesome pics! Looks like a beautiful trip. Thanx for sharing

2:03 a.m. on September 28, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
29 forum posts

Thanks everyone :)

gonzan, I have a Canon 7D, using a Canon 10-22mm lens (and circular polarizer on most the water ones).

Would love to take a trip to the Grand Tetons!!!! I have yet to try backpacking outside of CA - just dealing with backpacking gear and the airport seems like such a hassle.

Anyway, thanks everyone... I look forward to more outdoor adventures and living through everyone else's stories in here! :)

12:57 p.m. on September 28, 2011 (EDT)
775 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I took a 28-70 on my trip, but unfortunately I don't have a polarizer for that lens yet. I have been slammed with work since I got back, so I haven't had the time to go through the photos and post them yet. 

November 25, 2015
Quick Reply