Shenandoah Veteransday weekend

6:25 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

Picture-003.jpg
Shenandoah National Park was part of the National parks fee free weekend. So we only had to pay for one of the 2 days we were staying.We drove alonmg skylinedrive to an elev
Picture-018.jpg
ation of 3250 ft. This wall is part of the retainig wall that lines the drive.
Picture-014.jpg
You can see luray from thios distance along the drive there is 6 observation points to see the valleys.
Picture-015.jpg
Picture-016.jpg
Steps leading from the valley and trails below to skyline drive.Shenandoah was built by the asweat oif the Civilian conservation corp. Over 10,000 men had worked for the CCC during it's frutasion.
Picture-011.jpg

My nephwe ready to grill a Chicken for dnnner with baked potatoes. We were told by fellow campers they should have camped with us.
Picture-005.jpg My brother Darth Vaders Austrailian bushcraft tent. My brother enjoy's bushcraft where I am a backpacker.But we both like to cMamp and spend time with each other and give advice on gear.
Picture-004.jpg My Montbell Monoframe Diamond that I have had out on 2 trips which the gear report ois comeing. That evening we had 20 degree tempts with windchill. I came home woth windburn from the weekend.
Picture-009.jpg

My neice and nephew eating joy filled smores. I dont think they will do that again. The sugar high was huge.
Picture-006.jpg

Getting a nice fresh apple cobbler ready for the fire. Freash apples and cinnamon.
Picture-007.jpg Slow baking for thenight.
Picture-008.jpg
to the left is the fullmoon I tried to capture. I have been out on 2 full moons in the past 2 months. All Luck of course.

6:30 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

The next morningmy niece  went got our base camp water so she and I could hike all day. The rest of the photo's and  trip when she forwards her photo's. I did witness 3 idiot kids trying to chop a tree down. live tree. 19 year olds just make me wonder.
Picture-012.jpg

6:59 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Glad to see you out and about. I'm hoping you get out to Portland this summer. A couple of day get together would be great.

10:42 a.m. on November 22, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
755 reviewer rep
1,226 forum posts

Nice Denis! Man, your food is making my sandwiches and dried fruit look kind of lame. : )

5:36 p.m. on November 23, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

I like to eat atleast  one really good meal while hiking and I know you bring fresh products also...:)"

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply