VIDEO: To the Park!

10:19 p.m. on March 31, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

We had a great time a the local park.  Take your kids into the woods, and have a great time....

10:42 p.m. on March 31, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Cool stuff Arson. Looks like you all had a great time exploring. I love to see kids out and about nowadays. So many seem to be glued to a Playstation controller anymore.

This brought back some of my childhood memories of when I use to catch bugs and play in the woods.

There was one time when I caught a Black Widow in a Mason Jar and ran home saying pappy look what I caught(he just about had a cow) and catching salamanders & crawfish in the creek by my house.

Oh what I would give to be an inquisitive kid again. Then again I may still be that same inquisitive kid with just a bit more mileage on me.

As always good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

8:30 p.m. on April 11, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,577 forum posts

Hey Arson,

I just watched your video!

It is great to see families out and about, learning and exploring together. Good for you.

My kids are grown now and I really cherish the times we went to the petting zoo, aquarium, or fishing, or car camping together. I am so glad I took the time to do it, although there were times I had to work instead.

Mike G.

8:24 a.m. on April 12, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

Thanks Mike.  Nothing is more important than family.

9:07 a.m. on April 12, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Arson said:

Thanks Mike.  Nothing is more important than family.

+1

1:22 p.m. on April 14, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,393 reviewer rep
631 forum posts

Just watched this video again. As a teacher of young children I love to see the curiousity and lust-for-life attitude kids possess as they explore their world. The little girl, just short of the 2 min mark, looked at that turtle with such genuine interest. As an adult it makes me slow down, take a second look again, rather than just dismissing it as 'just another turtle'. Kids don't let that happen, nothing will ever be stagnant. I think I learn more watching the kids I teach than they do from me.

Thanks for sharing this Arson.

December 29, 2014
Quick Reply