About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Enchanted Valley Washington

9:58 p.m. on May 14, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
46 forum posts

Out of 72 hikes listed in my backpacking Washington book, this was one of three that were available at this time of year.  Two are on the beach.  So we headed out from Graves Creek campground.  We hiked to O'Neil Creek, spent the night, hiked to Pyrites Creek and spent the night.  Only because we couldn't go any further!   Because the weather had been so nice and so warm and so sunny, the creeks were really high.  I didn't feel like wading up to my waist just to get TO THE BRIDGE and then wade once again waist deep AFTER the bridge.  I was seriously disappointed to not get to the actual Enchanted Valley.  We spent the next two days hiking back out. (Hey, I'm 60, at this age 6 miles a day is plenty!).  I did enjoy every second of the 4 day 3 night experience, to the point where my boyfriend once said, "I want what you had for breakfast," because I felt like I was high on serious illegal drugs.  I kept saying, "I FEEL GREAT!!! I FEEL SO HAPPY!!!"  I am sure you hikers must know the feeling.  Just didn't matter what we saw or did, just loved every second of being out in the woods, amazingly beautiful Quinault River to hike next to and since I don't think I was snuck any LSD, I assume I must have had some great endorphin rushes.  Might try this trip again at a time when the mountains are less likely to flood the rivers with so much melted snow...who knows, there are SO MANY places to check out! 

6:13 a.m. on May 17, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
488 reviewer rep
1,109 forum posts

Donna, I do indeed know the feeling and can relate. Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing with us.

Although this is a tease without a picture or two!

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply