Back in the saddle again!

1:52 p.m. on July 3, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
155 forum posts

The good news?  I am now healthy again, and able to hike. 

How do I know?  Because over the weekend we went up to Sonora Pass and headed South on the Pacific Crest Trail for a day hike. 

On the way, we managed to find a couple of peaks to climb, including one that was 11,845 high.  And that went just fine, thank you very much.

Plus, the views from up there were simply stunning.  Check out this shot, looking southeast along the crest of the Sierra towards Matterhorn Peak, the Sawtooth Range, and in the distance, all the major peaks of Yosemite, including Cloud's Rest and the Clark Range over there on the right.  Wow! IMG_7436.JPG

It sure felt good to be able to hike again, and we're already making plans for a longer stay in the Sierra, this time, with backpacks!

If you want to see the photos of the whole hike, here's the link to the trip log for the hike on Picasa.

https://picasaweb.google.com/balzaccom/SonoraPass2013DayHikingInTheSierra#

8:23 p.m. on July 3, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
755 reviewer rep
1,224 forum posts

Beatiful pictures P! Glad you are back where you belong.....

10:39 p.m. on July 4, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
166 forum posts

awesome pic..nothing else to say

9:46 p.m. on July 5, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
836 forum posts

great view! glad to hear you're healthy and hiking. expecting some trip reports!

9:36 a.m. on July 9, 2013 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Great pics of a great hike! Glad to hear your're up, out, and kicking it.

It looks like you have a delightful hiking companion, which is very special.  

11:41 a.m. on July 10, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
155 forum posts

I do indeed.  Backpacking is the best quality time we get---and we love it!

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply