10:24 p.m. on January 6, 2014 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,133 forum posts

Photo-collage-of-Zion-sunset-Dec-22-2013

I made this collage at : http://www.photovisi.com/

5:09 p.m. on January 7, 2014 (EST)
331 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

Nice pictures Gary.  Thanks for sharing.  

Are you putting your pics through any post processing or are you posting them up just as the camera took them?  I am just curious.  I used to be anti-post processing but I am considering it more these days since I just started shooting more RAW format pics.  

9:17 a.m. on January 8, 2014 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,133 forum posts

I use an App called PicMonkey (http://www.picmonkey.com/) and go though my pictures and make them look as I saw the shots not the way my Canon T3 DSLR saw and made them. I don't like RAW storage as I cannot view the images without opening them. I shoot in the smallest format.

I have been shooting photos for 45 years, the last 10 in digital.

10:19 a.m. on January 8, 2014 (EST)
331 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

I might have to check that app out Gary.  I shoot both RAW and jpg for each shot I take.  Eventually I may go straight to RAW.  Like I said I am just learning how to manipulate RAW files.  I can look at the jpg images and if there is something I don't like then I can get into the RAW file and manipulate what I want.  It is a learning process.  Fun though.  

I have been shooting for about 20 years with the last 10 being digital.  You take some good shots Gary.  Nice work.  

9:28 a.m. on January 9, 2014 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,133 forum posts

I dont save my images after I have had them long enough to look at them. I usually delete them after about 6 months. I shoot every day during my 6 month vacations so I usually have 10's of thousands. I post them to Trailspace,Facebook, and share with friends and family. In 45 years I have probably shot millions.

All I currently have are what I shot since just before Christmas in that Collage. All others are online somewhere or deleted. Next fall, winter and spring I may hike the AZT, the Arizona Trail from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon to Tucson and then may make a photo book of my hike. 

I plan to retire in about two years when I am 60 in January 2016 on my own savings then really retire on SSI when I am 65 in 2021.

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply