YouTube slideshow of Mount Evans Wilderness, Colorado

12:59 p.m. on February 1, 2014 (EST)
104 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Backpacked in and did some trout fishing with my son. The trailhead was located at Camprock Campground and we were about 2 miles in from there.

Can't wait until Spring!!

http://youtu.be/tspA0Vv4m4U

Hope you all enjoy!

8:47 p.m. on February 1, 2014 (EST)
299 reviewer rep
141 forum posts

Thanks, miss Colorado did many trips up there, did you go to the top?  What about the goats.  Good to see Father and son, took my son also up there about 6 years ago.  

12:23 a.m. on February 2, 2014 (EST)
104 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

There was a microburst that blocked the trail up to Beartracks Lake where we were.

I've been up to the summit and it's absolutely beautiful. Also did some trail maintenance and erosion control at Summit Lake this past summer too, goats all over the place. A must see for anyone traveling to the Denver area!

Planning on spending quite a few days there this summer, I can't wait!

7:34 a.m. on February 2, 2014 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
842 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

Thanks Ryan, very nice! Run to the hills indeed! :)

2:10 p.m. on February 2, 2014 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

Nice video slide show, where did you put it together?

2:44 p.m. on February 2, 2014 (EST)
104 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

I used Microsoft movie maker. It's pretty easy, only messed around with it for about 45 minutes before I had it figured out. Uses the same set up as Microsoft PowerPoint for the most part

10:21 a.m. on February 3, 2014 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

Oh, okay. That's the same program I used to make mine. Have you watch it, the next one down. 

http://youtu.be/DiiAx_uqyIg 

12:26 a.m. on February 5, 2014 (EST)
104 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Great video! The Tetons are absolutely amazing, drove through there this past summer. Pictures are worth a thousand words and memories last forever!

6:05 a.m. on February 5, 2014 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

Well, I like to make new memories of the Tetons every summer I can. I lived and worked in Jackson Hole every summer from 1980 to 2008. Then moved away to work in other places since 2009 but this summer am going back to take the entire summer time from mid May to Mid September off to bicycle tour and backpack around the whole area and do nothing but enjoy it on a four month vacation and take pictures.

I have been working since April last year to buy new backpacking equipment and save enough to live in from when I leave my job the end of April this spring and not work till next November when I plan to be in Tucson AZ. So I will have May-October off this year.

From 1980-2008 I worked an average of 4 months a year generally from May to September and took from just after Labor Day to around Memorial Day off each fall, winter and spring and bicycle toured and backpacked around the western USA.

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply