About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Greetings from Maquoketa Iowa!

11:42 a.m. on March 27, 2008 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I am spending the day at Maquoketa Caves State Park, located in beautiful far east-central Iowa in Jackson County, which lies between the cities of Dubuque and Davenport. I will be spending the night here too camping in my tent.

The terrain here is quite hilly, unlike central Iowa around the Des Moines area. Sort of reminds me of southeast Ohio. The Park is really beautiful. I got in late last night. Camped high on a ridge under plenty of white pine trees. It smells very good at this Park.

This Park has about 6 miles of trails, some caves and a natural bridge. I will be doing some exploring on foot. I do wish I had my hiking boots though. (They are in Ohio at my mother's house. I'm on my way there to get all of my camping gear). The weather here is cold (brrrr...) and snowy. There is some snow still on the ground. Can't believe this is Iowa!

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply