Alaska trip in June

2:43 a.m. on July 11, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

Well, I found the site while searching for new gear for a trip back to Alaska hopefully next year.

I was out in the Wrangell St. Elias NP in early June helping work on a cabin. We worked hard building but did get a chance to play some, with some rafting on the Kennicott/Nezina/Chitina Rivers, and a flight seeing trip, we had hoped for some Salmon fishing on the Copper but the fish weren't quite there yet. Pics are from my fight into McCarthy and a flight seeing trip up the Kennicott Glacier towards Mt. Blackburn and then down towards the Chugach and Bagley Ice Field.

Wildlife included Moose, little Black bears, couple more Moose, Tunda Geese.

Hoping to return with some friends for kayaking around Valdez and some camping/backpacking in/around McCarthy using it as a base.

Flying in from Anchorage to Gulkana to McCarthy

Image - oops

oops again

well maybe later-darn

not near as cool but here are some

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u305/wayoutwest2/Alaska%20Trip/

10:38 a.m. on July 11, 2008 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
47 forum posts

Great pics! I'm hoping to work in the Yukon as an outpost nurse when I graduate, and I never tire of looking at photographs of North-Western Canada. Thanks!

11:46 a.m. on July 11, 2008 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Yes, cool pics. I don't get to see much snow anymore unless I travel north a good bit.

3:46 p.m. on July 11, 2008 (EDT)
133 reviewer rep
37 forum posts

Very nice. You are fortunate. I dream of going to Alaska, especially since I read a book called 'The Blue Bear'. All that open space and mountains, looks terrific.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply