Grand Tetons in Sept

6:07 p.m. on September 5, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

I know that i am new to this forum, but if you ever have a chance to hike the Grand Tetons you need to take the opportunity to go. Me and my buddy hiked in the back country for 4 day three nights. We started at springer lake and hiked through 4 passes and came out at the White Crest Trail Head. I have hiked the AT Trail and it is a total different experience. All i can say is WOW..

11:05 p.m. on October 19, 2008 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

Coach,

My wife and I took our honeymoon in the Tetons and I could not agree more. We did not do any overnights as that was one request from the wife as it was our honeymoon. We stayed in a secluded one bedroom cabin on the side of a Mountain in the Gross Tetons. We did about 40 miles on day hikes and it is amazing.

1:06 a.m. on October 23, 2008 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,153 forum posts

I live in Jackson Hole and love the Tetons and Gros Ventre ranges. I did about 30 hikes this last summer. Go to my yahoo group site Grand_Teton_National_Park to see my photos and topo maps from each hike.
Coach and BigSmoke, where do you guys live?

1:21 p.m. on October 23, 2008 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

Hey Gary, I live in Virginia. My stomping grounds are SNP, GWNF, and the Dolly Sods area. Noting like you have in the west but beautiful in its own right.

You pictures are amazing. What are you shooting with?

6:12 p.m. on October 23, 2008 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,153 forum posts

I use a Canon XTi with a 18-55 digital lens.

September 18, 2014
Quick Reply